Wednesday, August 7, 2019

Fighting lifes battles

Hey everyone, I know I have failed to post blogs for a while and I apologize for that. I am going to try and do it consistently.



Tonight I want to talk to you about fighting life's battles. Lets face it life is hard. Many people around the world are fighting a battle you don't know about. Some people battle with cancer, some people battle finance issues, or friendship issues. I could name so many more but what do you do that helps you fight your battles? Do you tend to try and push it under the rug in hopes that it will just go away. I will be honest I have done that. I have learned though that running isn't going to get you anywhere but it will get you farther and farther than where you really want to be. I struggle with mental illness and there are some tough battles that I fight. Well recently I was fighting a battle of anxiety and depression. As I look back now I realize I did not trust or have faith that God would provide, in fact I question if God even cared. I stopped going to church I had no desire to go which resulted in more isolation which led to depression. I was running away from something that I should have been running towards. The church is one place I should have stay connected with in that time. The devil was trying to get me down and he was getting there he was getting what he wanted. I think of it as being in a boxing ring your fighting and all of a sudden you get knocked out and your lying there and the referee is count one two.... and usually when he gets to three you have lost and got defeated well I was in that situation except the referee did not get to three. I image my opponent standing there enraged that he thought he won the battle well that opponent was the devil screaming at me " you won't win your just a weakling. But in life if we are at that point we shouldn't just give up we need to get up and face it. You can't run from your problems and so many times in my life I have done that. I am thinking why isn't God hearing me, does he not care about the pain and worry I am feeling? No! He is right there standing next you hoping that you will continue to fight because we get our inner strength not from this world but from God. It's not going to be easy just like saying I want to lose weight I am going to join a gym and your hoping that you will lose weight by one night. Its the same with our faith, if we don't continuously work at our faith then we are going to start thinking and asking ourselves "where's God, does he not care" The stronger are faith the stronger we are we grow our strength through our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. He is the only way. He is our redeemer He is our warrior, He is our Father who loves us so much that he died for us. He never gives up on you so we as his children should not give up on him. This is a song I heard that really inspired me and really spoke to me and I hope you enjoy this song. Its called "This is how I  fight my battles" by Micheal W Smith
This is how we fight our battles

I hope you guys enjoyed this blog I hope you guys have a great rest of your week. If you guys have any prayer request or need encouragement you can send me an email at mightymariah.84@gmail.com.

Blessings,
Mighty Mariah


No comments:

Post a Comment