Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Mental illness

Hey Mighty Warriors, I hope y'all are doing well. I know its been a while since I have posted but I finally am able to sit down and write one. So I have been living in a program that helps people with mental illness become more independant. I have been here for over a year now and I have seen different sides of different people. I am sure you all know the saying "Don't judge a book by its cover" I have seen the hardships of so many things. It has really been an eye opening experience. I have seen people who just struggle with friendship, people who struggle with alchoholism and people that have anger issues and so much more. We are ALL children of God and with that we are called to Love our neighbor as ourself and I can honestly say I didn't know what this meant and now I finally do. Love is an action not an emotion. God loved us so much he sacrificed His own son to die on the cross for us, so that we can live in everlasting peace with him. When I look at my roomates and seeing where they struggle I feel the need to love on them. Because I don't know what battle they are fighting just like they don't know what battles I fight. There are times when we need to just give them grace and encourage them in there walk of life. Life isn't easy and its also not meant to be a solo ride. A couple of months into me living here my roomate one day said "I REALLY NEED JESUS IN MY LIFE" I instantly asked her if she was serious and if she really wanted to know about God. She looked at me and said yes. So I prayed about it and I felt led by God to give this person my bible. She has been reading it and its amazing to see what God is doing in her life. My past roomate was the same way she didnt know where else to turn and I looked at her and said "Christ is waiting with open arms. Two big opportunity to share Christ with those around me and just thinking of the joy in Heaven knowing that two people came to Christ because i showed them Christ like love, grace and all the fruits of the spirit. But may I also say dont give me any of the credit all the credit should be going to God who can turn a mess into a message a trial into a triumph and a victim into a victory. I am blown away at how God is working in the lifes of my roomates and it brings me such joy. How do you show Christ love to those around you. It only takes one action it could be a smile a simple hello or even holding the door for someone. You impact the lives of people everyday just by your kindness and gentleness. Its not easy but God is the one that helps you carry this out.  I encourage you to ask God to show you how to love the unlovable and to reach the unreachable and to do what man can not do but a Mighty Savior can do.
I hope this blog encourages and blesses you.
Blessings
~MM

No comments:

Post a Comment