Thursday, September 10, 2015

Patience is a Virtue



Hey Mighty Warriors, I apologize it has been a while since I wrote my last blog update but I think y'all are really going to enjoy this one. So tonight's blog is about something we all find hard to do and that is being patient. Patience….Patience….Patience we sometimes are going through stuff and sometimes all we hear is "Be patient" and I will admit its a hard thing to learn and do. It is way easier said then done. Let me tell something so I have had a lot of changes with living situations to relationships and even my faith. I spent 3 months at a center and I remember when I got there I was so ready to get things going and start getting into therapy and work on myself so I could get out of there. I remember I had to talk to the therapist on staff first but she wasn't working the first couple days I got there and it was the weekend and I remember it wasn't even Sunday yet and I was already asking the staff "When can we start getting me settled and into group" the staff kept saying to me "I am sorry the therapist won't be in until Monday so your going to have to be patient this weekend. I remember that was the longest week of my life. I was so ready to dive in, get started so I could move on. But then that night I felt God was telling me "Be Still and know that I am God. That was the night I knew this was going to be a long and hard road ahead and one thing I had to get down was how to "Be Still and know that He is God" and BE PATIENT. So the scripture I want to share with you tonight comes from Ephesians 4:2 Hear the Word of the Lord "Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love." Right now I am awaiting to hear for a placement on my living situation and I am struggling with patience but I always say to myself whenever I feel impatient "Be still and know that I am God" It reminds me to trust in Gods timing and not in my own. Sometimes God doesn't give his answer right away to teach us how to be patience but then to also teach us (His beloved children) how to trust in him. So I am going to challenge you whenever you feel impatient look up a bible verse that speaks to you and stick in your pocket and whenever your feeling impatient, anxious or scared read that and soak the words in. I did it until I the verse memorized. Its also a great tool to use for memorizing scripture as well. To end this blog update I will be posting a song that really has spoken to me that last couple of months. Take a listen and enjoy. 
Casting Crowns-Come to the Well
Blessings Mighty Warriors
~MM

No comments:

Post a Comment